CoGREE promotes the co-operation between associations, organisations and networks which deal with a range of issues in the field of religion and education, e.g. concerning the teaching of religions in schools as well as of Christian and religious responsibility in the area of European education policy.
CoGREE serves the following aims:
- Exchange of information among the member organisations
- Clarification of common interests
- Agreement on common activities
- Representation of common interests beyond CoGREE.
Activities of CoGREE are organised through
- delegates of the member organisations who meet twice a year in the CoGREE steering group
- the Moderator of CoGREE, elected by the delegates
- the CoGREE secretariat